Temporary Activity Visa (Subclass 408)
The Temporary Activity Visa lets you carry out one of the following activities in Australia on a temporary basis.
- Accept full-time domestic work for senior foreign executives
- Get employment as a super yacht crew member
- Work in the entertainment industry
- Participate in cultural or social activities at the invitation of an Australian organization
- Take part in an Australian Government endorsed event
- Work or watch as an academic in a research project
- Take part in high-level sports (including training)
- Work as a Religious Worker
- Take part in a special programme to boost international relations and cultural exchange
- Get to work in a skilled position under a staff exchange arrangement
Temporary Activity Visa Benefits
- Till your visa is valid, you can enter and leave country as many as time as you want
- Participate in work or activity specified in your application
- Bring eligible family members with you to Australia
- Stay in country lawfully for the period of nominated position (with maximum stay of 2 years)
Know Before you apply for the Visa
You should have the sponsorship of an approved temporary activities sponsor or of sponsor who passes the sponsorship test, if you are applying for the Australian visa.
Requirements for Visa Applicants
- You must be sponsored by an approved sponsor who have passed the sponsorship test
- You have to fulfill the criteria of the activity you are participating under this visa
- When applying from outside the country, you must plan to stay in Australia for 3 months or less and have the provision of an organization or individual undertaking events or activities in Australia who has passed the support test.
- You must have adequate financial support and health insurance to cover the costs for you and your family for the stay in country.
Requirements for Sponsorship
You can sponsor someone for this type visa if you are:
- A government agency or a state or territory government established legally in Australia
- An organisation, a foreign government agency or a government agency supporting sports or sports events officially in Australia
- An Australian organization (a business, a corporate or incorporate body or a non-profit organisation operating legitimately in Australia).
- A foreign government agency (consular or diplomatic mission, foreign tourists and media bureaus, and trade offices) legitimately operating a business in Australia
- A religious foundation known as a charity by the Australian Tax office
- Registered in another country but contain a legal business in Australia
- Captain or proprietor of super yacht or the organisation that operates a super yacht.
Health & Character Requirements
- Proof of health or health examinations
- Police certificates displaying you have no criminal records
With your visa application, you must have proof for your financial capacity, including:
- Employment contract
- Bank Statements or a letter from the financial institutions
- Accommodation, Allowances, and the other assistance from the sponsored employer in Australia
If your country does not have a mutual health care agreement with Australia, you must be covered by Medicare health scheme.
English Language Requirement
You must show your practical English proficiency with
- 30 in PTE (Pearson Test of English)
- Overall band score of 4.5 in IELTS or
- 32 in TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) or
The Relevant Matters, you must know
The delegate may consider information, either helpful or faultfinding to the applicant, including:
- Circumstances of an employee : His personal circumstances such as family situation, current employment, future prospects, and common circumstances in his country, e.g. civil unrest or economic strife.
- The applicant’s proficiency in English is consistent with their supported activities (although applicants are not required to undertake English language testing, however if they are to work in Australia that at least a rudimentary knowledge of English should be expected).
- If situation arises to secure the person’s stay in Australia, delegates assess whether family members or his community etc. have created the position to fit the attributes for the applicant.
- He monitor vocational or employment background and personal attributes of the applicant and their ability to assume the position. Other factors could be considered like current skill level, his current occupation, and whether they have undertaken the same or similar work in Australia or overseas.
Visa Validity Period
The validity of the Temporary Activity Visa depends on the activity you have been approved for:
- The visa can be valid up to 4 years for Invited Participant activity and the Australian Government Endorsed activity,
- The visa can be valid up to 2 years for the rest of the activities,
You can include your family members in your application:
- You must have a written statement on hand from your sponsor agreeing to sponsor your family members, if you are sponsored and want to stay in country for more than 3 months.
- If you want, further assistance on this type of visa or to find out your eligibility for this visa type, have proficient assistance from our knowledgeable visa expert.