Inquire Now

Study Visa in UK

The UK is considered as one of the best places to study globally. Securing your admission to your desired institute in UK and then get the student visa in UK may somewhat complicated. Here GETS COUNSELING SERVICES helps you understand the visa process of UK and their conditions for granting student visa. As an international student, looking to study at degree level study in UK, you need to apply for a Tier 4 (General) Visa. There are 2 types of UK student visas. These are:

  • Short-term study visa.
  • Tier 4 (General) student visa.

If you want to study for longer than 6 months then it is possible you will require a Tier 4 (General) UK Student Visa.

Short-term Study Visa

If you are going to select the short course in the UK, you can apply for a short-term study visa. This visa will permit you to study in the UK for 6 months, or 11 months if you are studying an English language course.

To be qualified for a short-term study visa you must prove:

  • you are able to pay for your return journey
  • You have been accepted on a course in the UK at a recognized study center.
  • you have enough money to cover your living costs and to cover the costs of your study and for the duration of your studies.

The documentation you require:

  • Bank statements or payslips.
  • A letter of acceptance from the place you plan to study
  • Medical test results depending on the country you’re from
  • A current passport.
  • Details of your travel plans
  • Place where you intend to stay.
  • On header paper, stating the name of the course, the duration, and the cost.

You will also require prior planning for you travel as well as for your stay in the UK if you are under 18. You will have to provide the contact details of a parent or guardian along with their permission.

The short term study visa costs £93 for a 6 month visa and £179 for the 11 month. On a short term study visa you cannot bring family members, or work, or extend the visa.

Tier 4 (General) UK Student Visa

The most of the of international students from outside the EU will need a Tier 4 (General) student visa to study in the UK. You can apply for this visa type if you are 16 or above.

  • you can understand English, including reading, writing and speaking.
  • you have been offered a place on a course.
  • you will have to prove you have enough money to pay your course fees and support yourself for the duration of your studies to make your living.

You must provide other documents.

  • A current passport.
  • Proof of your funds like bank statements.

Depending on your conditions and your country to which you belong, you may require giving additional supporting documents. This documentation includes medical test results and other proofs for your funding. You will have to prove your understanding of the English language and for that you will have to pass an English language test.

You will need to provide contact details of a parent or guardian, if you are under 18. You can apply for a visa 3 months before your study course starts. It costs £335 to apply for the visa. You have to pay an additional £335 per person for any dependants.

You can reach your study destination in the UK up to 1 month before your course starts if the course lasts more than 6 months. On a Tier 4 (General) Visa you can work most jobs and also apply to extend your stay in the UK. In this type of visa, you can bring your family members.

You can fulfill your purpose for applying for visa with online application when you are applying from outside the UK as well as you may apply from within the UK, if you are extending your visa or switching visa. Being well aware of all the rules and regulations, the expert visa counselor may lessen your anxiety and stress for the study visa in UK.

Reaching your study destination-UK with a Student Visa

Arriving at the country-UK, your study destination is quite a simple process as the all immigration processes. Your study visa consultant for UK for the arrival norms properly instructs you, so there is no matter for worry for you as well as for your parents. Your visa counselor also helps you for your cheap accommodation and guide you well for your travel around your educational institute in UK.

Welcome to Gets Counseling