English Language Requirements
As a proof of English Proficiency, Many of the New Zealand educational institutes and universities accept only IELTS scores. The given below guidelines for IELTS score is just an estimate, because each university or institutes have their own standard score for their particular courses.
- Diploma programs: Overall band score of 5.5 with no band less than 5.0
- Fill & Submit the application form to the selected institution or college online
- Graduate Diploma: Overall band score of 6.0
- Master Programs: Overall band score of 6.5
However, most educational institutes and New Zealand immigration accept TOEFL or Pearson’s tests as indicator of student’s English language ability. In most cases, the required score for TOEFL or PTE would be equivalent to the above IELTS benchmark score.
You must have to submit evidence of sufficient funds to make your living during your stay in New Zealand including:
- Financial Undertaking Form/s (If more than one guarantor).
- Affidavit/s of Support from Guarantors (stating the proper exact relationship of the guarantor with the applicant). The guarantor must provide the documents of evidence of their identity including signature, date of birth, and contact details with telephone numbers.
- Authorization letter(s) from guarantors authorizing Immigration New Zealand to verify their financial documents on their behalf. If guarantors are outside India, the contact name and numbers/email addresses can be taken for verification by the Bank officials.
The students should provide evidence of funds open for courses for the first year inclusive of living expenses (NZ$ 15,000) in New Zealand. If the duration of course he/she is going to enroll is longer than one academic year, students should provide a plan of payment to show that they have way to acquire funds and have the ability to meet the cost for rest of the course and living expenses while he/she is studying in New Zealand.
The given bellow evidence of funds can be accepted:
- Education loan sanction letter from a nationalized or multi national bank only
- Latest bank statements for the past 6 months. It should not be more than 1 week old at the time of lodgment of the application. Please ensure that statements and not balance certificates are provided.
- Fixed Deposits. In case of providing fixed deposits as evidence of funds please ensure that a copy of the deposit along with a letter from the bank giving the details of the deposit is provided.
- Public Provident Fund Accounts/Employers Provident Fund Accounts.
- KVP’s due to mature in the following year
- Fixed deposits
- Funds Transfer Scheme
- EPF or GPF accumulated over a period of 1 year
- Acceptable Payment Plan
- LIC due to mature in the following year
- Post Office Accounts.
- National Saving Certificates.
- NSC’s due to mature in the following year
As per the newly introduced system by the immigration New Zealand the students are able to choose to transfer their living expenses of 12 months to a bank account in New Zealand. It will be in addition to paying a tuition fee for 1 year. The amount is deposited in the bank and is sealed for a year, and then it is provided to the student on prearranged basis.
Option of fund transfer is also available for the students who are actually intended to stay in New Zealand and do not have be sufficient funds that are 6 months old. Here the student is made to transfer $15,000 to the NZ's bank account through which the student is provided only $1,250 per month for his/her living expenses. Students who decide on for this option find no need to verify any documentary evidence to reveal their source of funds.
Admission & Visa Process:
Student has to select an academic programme and check the entry criteria.
We, at the GETS COUNSELING assist the students in completing the application form and also guide them for requisite supporting documents.
Once the application is prepared fully, we expect to receive a response or an acknowledgement within a week or two. Outstanding documents will be requested (if required).
Your application will be academically assessed once the application is done. If you meet entry requirement, you will be issued with an Offer of Place and Tax invoice from the educational institute of New Zealand.
We then proceed for your student visa with Immigration New Zealand.
After visa lodgment, the designated visa officer will be conduct a telephonic interview.
Once the visa is approved in principle, you must pay the course fees in full.
Immigration department of New Zealand then completes the visa process and you will receive the VISA.
Documents Required For Visa Application
- Police Clearance Certificates and Medical Reports
- G.I.C Payment Receipt or Education Loan Acceptance Letter
- Statement of Purpose
- Academic Certificates
- Other relevant certificates
- Proof of Funds
- Official letter of acceptance from a Canadian university, college or Technical Institute
- College/University Fees Payment Receipt
- A completed Student Visa Application Form (INZ 1012)
- Proof that you will have access to enough funds to support yourself for the duration of your study programme: you will need to provide NZ$15,000 for each year of study.
- IELTS certificate
- Visa application fee
- A police certificate
- Receipt of the payment of your tuition fees.
- Evidence of employment (if applicable)
- Evidence of accommodation (highly recommended)
- A valid passport
- Letter of recommendation (if applicable)
- Evidence of outward travel (or additional funds to purchase an outward ticket)
- Two passport-sized, colored photographs
- Educational certificates
- Medical or chest x-ray certificates
- Covering letter
- Letter of acceptance from your host institution.
Note: All the supporting documents should be notarized and self-attested. The additional documents and forms may be imperative as per individual case to support the application further.